Monday, March 31, 2014

Breakdown

Ok, I realize two posts in one day is beyond self-indulgent, but I'm gonna play the pregnancy card because I really need to have a good virtual cry...

Today I had a mini breakdown. It hit me when I got the mail and found FOUR bills (two from two different billers) that we had already taken care of (or so we thought) over the phone. The root of the confusion lay in the fact that we had moved and so our property taxes are all screwed up. ANYWAY, the point is, we've been on the Dave Ramsey diet and working really hard at it, and after finally just having established our emergency fund, we're already going to have to dig into almost half of it - either that, or go through a series of phone calls that we'd already made previously trying to fix this mess, which frankly, I'm too pregnant to bother with and Bryan is too wound up with the transition from Apple to his new job (which I now realize I have COMPLERELY neglected to announce on either of my blogs - tune in next time I guess). 

The bill thing came on top of three straight days of heartburn, by which I mean after EVERY BITE or SIP of ANYTHING I chose to consume. Water, bread, snacks, doesn't matter. Swallowing = Pain this week. 

Bills and heartburn were on top of several days of crazy back pain and difficulty breathing, courtesy of trimester #3. And according to my 28 week email update, from here on out I should be expecting to gain another POUND A WEEK until the baby arrives, which can only mean more discomfort and pain. 

Insomnia had also reared its ugly head. The kicker is, I can't fall back on my reliable friend Tylenol PM too often since you're not supposed to take aspirin on the regular during pregnancy. Which prompts me to ask... Any suggestions?? 

And while I'm asking favors, anyone wanna borrow a 17 month old who's going through some personal stuff? Anyone? Cuz that's happening too. Today she had a total meltdown when I took the pen away and did one of those 5-seconds-between-inhale-and-exhale moments that nearly made me utilize mouth-to-mouth, and I am in no way CPR qualified. 

Anyway, I was pretty much just an emotional wreck for the above and other reasons I won't bore you with, but I will say this... Dumping this much on you makes all the difference in the world, and we all know that all the pregnancy woes are just paving the road to delivery joy, so ultimately, I guess I'm pretty lucky to have any woes to dump on you all.

I'll leave you with that delicious little slice of optimism. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment